Friday, March 14, 2014

Metaphorical

Drawing by Meena Chopra
Separated
from the start
I longed to be with you. 
Submerged in a silent moment. 
But it was the void
that greeted me,
not you.
Emptiness all over.

Nothing satiated.
Nothing fulfilled.

Naked sensibilities
cried out
unheard
torn apart
seeking a touch
your warmth ?
Estranged -
slept a restless slumber
failed to enter
my arid blank body.
Alone
distanced
unfamiliar shadows
lingered between us.

The want in me to see
the stark reality,

 my untouched clear reflection
in your searching eyes
met despair. 
Unrecognized, helpless and dirty
I hid my self from me.

Strange it is,
desire that breathes life
disappears
afraid of being alive.

I did not look
for a metaphorical love
not anymore

Never.

-Meena Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome